Monday 8 October 2012

Small victory of the day!

Quote of the day: "Small victory of the day: I ordered my food in Italian! While in line at Italy for the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, I realized the cashier spoke Italian (duh, it's Disney), so I looked at the menu again and hurriedly tried to figure out what to say. I'm sure it wasn't perfect, but the cashier's face lit up and he only spoke back to me in Italian! It was a lot of fun! A big thanks to my awesome Italian teacher and classmates! :)" (Rick Chin, Florida, USA)

I saw this post this morning in Facebook. I had no idea my friend Rick was taking Italian lessons. I am so happy for him!  He's found out how much he's actually learning form the class, just by having a "live" conversation with an Italian stranger in Florida, besides having fun in the process.

You may start a language class just for something to do other than watching TV.  How much you learn really depends on how passionate you are about the language, even if you know absolutely nothing.  Passion becomes the drive to keep you going.

As your mind begins to process in the new language, then the fun begins.  I can now have a conversation!  I can get around!  People actually understand me!  Yay!  Even the simple task of reading a menu becomes a highlight of your day because you now know what kind of food there is, instead of relying on pictures.

Have fun learning languages.  Make new friends.  Open up a new world.  Enrich your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment