Monday 31 December 2012

Create a culture of positivity

Are you a follower of trends, or do you create them? Do trends affect culture? If yes, how so? If no, why not?

Trends and culture have everything to do with one's mindset. Am I open to change, or do I just want to maintain the status quo? Am I adverse to change? Why is it we don't like people who "rock the boat"? If the change is for the better, why don't we want to change?

Unfortunately, the world around is changing rapidly. A company CEO in Singapore said this: "计划跟不上变化." (Planning cannot keep up with change.) Rapid changes are making us confused and insecure. What I learn today is irrelevant next month. I just can't keep up!

Am I creating a change in trend and culture? I can't control factors around me, but I can try to create an atmosphere of peace and calm. I can create a culture of clean living and positive talk. I can choose to be happy every day. I can choose to encourage others around me, regardless of how I feel myself. I will soon "infect" others to be like me. It's all about choice.

Is culture man made? I can't answer that question. But I can make my own culture for everyone to follow. Look at Psy. The world got "infected" by his horse-riding dance. So, I can create a positive culture too!

As we enter 2013, let's create a new trend: happy, positive, encouraging!

Fun Language Tools wishes you a blessed, happy and positive 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment